Although the Miami Alumnae Chapter charter was granted in 1940, its history began earlier in 1924 when a few Thetas decided to form a club. Miss Nina McAdam was the first president of the alumnae club. From this beginning of eight or nine members it continued to grow. On June 26, 1940 after their petition was granted by the National Convention they became a chapter with 29 charter members, and were formally installed by Mrs. Robert Higbee, then Grand National Alumnae Secretary, at the Founders’ Day Banquet in January 1941.
There are nearly 400 alumnae living in the greater Miami-Dade County. We have a wonderful group of women, who contribute their time and efforts to successfully manage our chapter, while having fun at social events and fundraisers.